I am linking up today with Melyssa for my Weekly Wishes series. While I may not post about all my wishes for the weeks and the upcoming months, they are made and they are there. I would like to touch on some things that have happened in that regard first and what I am wishing for too!
T H E U P D A T E S
THEATRE | My previous wishes of getting back into the theatre have continued to be fruitful. My motive for returning to my childhood passion (and my major at Uni) was that I really needed a hobby. Between my husband and I, one of us has to be home to watch the boys and since I now work from home my social circle is not that big. I have to work at finding creative ways to get out of the house and meet new people. It really becomes harder as you get older to make new friends from when I was younger and moved around frequently. So being able to return to something I love to start growing my network has been a blessing. Want to be involved in the theatre world in your area?
- Step Up and Volunteer your Services: My local theatre group has a newsletter that goes out every month, to which I am subscribed. I read in a recent newsletter there was a need for a secretary for their monthly meetings. I felt it was a great way to get involved and so far I have really enjoyed it.
- Attend a Script Reading: Most theatre houses and drama groups will have readings through out the year. This is a great way to meet people and enjoy the theatre scene. You may even get to be involved! I was asked to take a part for a rehearsed reading at our local group and found myself on stage once again after ten years of absence from the theatre. If you have never been to a script reading, I definitely recommend it!
- Audition, Audition, Audition: Yes if you really want to be involved you got to put yourself out there. I have been wanting to do this since my kids both became school age but let the ‘american accent’ be my excuse. I finally decided to go and went to my first audition this summer just to try it once. It ended up getting me introduced to one of the local theatre groups and to attend another audition. This one for the Cinderella Panto in January and I got a part. We had our first read through this weekend and I was so excited to meet the whole cast.
- Have a Skill: The theatre is not just about being on stage and acting. There are so many facets to the theatre community and ways you can help out and be apart of the group. From backstage to the front of the house. All you have to do is ask. See what doors open for you.
MOVING | Previously our landlady had decided not to renew our lease which meant we would be having to move days before Christmas again. Between Expat stresses of getting my husband’s visa this month we were also constantly looking at places online and going to viewings in person to find a new ‘home’. Our prayers were answered at the end of last week when we found out our landlady would not be needing the property back and would renew for another six months. So now I can officially plan to be here for Christmas and decorating and put off the house hunt until 2014.
TEACHING | My current passion is photography. It has been since I was a young girl and more so since 2007 when I began my business, Bonnie Rose Photography. Today marks the official first day of my B.Lux photography courses and I have been so excited to work with my students this month. So far I have just one course available, B. In Focus with at least six other courses in production. The next class for B. In Focus is open for registration and begins on Monday the 4th of November, 2013. My wish is for live workshops to be available in 2014 starting in England. I love sharing about photography which is why it is a huge part on my blog. I have a special photography guest post today on Kate’s Grow Your Blog Baby: Photography. Want a photography guest post for your blog, let me know!
LONDON BLATE | I am also hoping to be doing a blate in London next month with my fellow Expat bloggers. It is always good to have something to look forward to and not that I am not stressed out about an impending move a trip to London sounds lovely! Who among my blog readers is in the London area?
|1) Always taking photos 2)The rehearsed script reading 3) My Self Portrait
4)Playing with my lighting 5) Reading my Panto script 6) B.Lux Student badge…keep a look out for it! 😉
RECENTLY | I also just wanted to highlight on some recent events in case you missed it.
- War on Girls: a new post in the series yesterday about an inspirational poetry slam.
- Advice: I would love if you could help me break down that fourth wall and share what you love or may not like on the blog so I can tailor this both for you and me.
- Travel Tuesday: I am still doing Travel Tuesday link ups and have changed the button in case you are still using the old one. Hope to see you all tomorrow as I will be mentioning our November theme!
- Self Portrait: Along with my goal of posting every day, doing one self portrait a week is my other. Played around with slower shutter speeds this weekend and had my son help out for a more conceptual piece. Whether you just like to follow along or want to link up it is a Self Portrait Saturday challenge.
Q: Tell me What you think about anything, I love hearing from you.
*images original to A Compass Rose blog by Bonnie Rose Photography © 2007 – 2013 All Rights Reserved | www.bonnie-rose.co.uk