Over the past three years during my work as a hair stylist in England (in Brighton and now Bath) I have heard a lot about vacations and travel from the clients in my chair. While the first conversation with clients stems from my ‘american’ accent and my original whearabouts, the second being about the weather, travel has become the main third topic in client-stylist conversation. While the weather in England has been stereotyped as rainy and cold with little to no sun, it makes perfect sense why people look forward to their yearly vacations.
How do people travel?
I have noticed that there are a huge amount of my clients who are drawn to those packaged vacation deals. Be it a cruise or an all inclusive holiday stay for a certain amount of days. There are some that do like to ‘rough it’ and make their own plans or go to less tourist populated locations. However when I use the term ‘vacation’ it seems that in England the above type of trip is what comes to most minds.
Top Destinations from the UK
This is a list of the locations I have heard most people say they are going to on vacation. It does not include all the places I have heard but the most frequent answers.
- France: Being our close neighbour with easy access by train, coach, car, plane and ferry it is the quickest place to jet off to for a long weekend getaway. I’ve heard about countryside locations, skiing trips, and the magical trips to EuroDisney.
- Spain: For the vitamin D difficient who are needing some rays of sun, Spain is the next European country that I hear about most. I do not get tired of hearing about these trips as I have not yet been to Spain and look forward to visiting it for myself one day soon.
- Greece: Those packaged trips that I talked about earlier most often involve Greece. I’ve not heard about Athens much, but the islands seem to get a lot of attention from vacation go-ers.
- Florida: As an American I was quite surprised at first to hear so many people mention Flordia. It seems more people from the UK have been to Florida than New York. Of course what is not to like about Florida? You have sun, beaches,
palmetto bugs, Disney World, etc.
Of course those that live in the UK do not only go to those locations above and I hear about so many places I would love to go to next or places I want to return to soon. With a melting pot of cultures and a fair amount of people who have originated from all over the globe there is a non stop flow of conversations about countries, cultures, and the stories of travel memories to keep a wanderlust blogger happy.
Q: What are the top destinatons from where you live? Tell me your current location and the destinations!
I love awesome travel stories and that is why this week I am sharing a post from Marysia of My Travel Affairs, entitled Friday Lens Affair #74. Thank you for linking up! x
THEMED TRAVEL TUESDAY PROMPT
We have postponed this prompt to next week as there are five weeks in July. The theme is as followed: “what’s your travel style” An interesting way to see and hear about how other people travel.
Ready to link up? As always my co-hosts Kaelene, Sammy, and Van are along in this travel Tuesday adventure and this link up shows up on their blog today too! Show them so love and check out what travel posts they have on store today!
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button above. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Van, Sammy, and Kaelene in a link! 3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT. Make sure to comment here, on the cohosts blogs, and visit around!
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!