Today is Travel Tuesday and one of our Themed Travel Prompts! For Travel Style I have to say the whole reason I travel at all is because of my dad. He is the man behind why I was born overseas, how I got ot grow up bouncing around military bases in Europe, and why I wanted to continue living abroad. He spent his childhood growing up in New Jersey but left at seventeen to become an officer in the USAF. He started journey of moving and traveling abroad with the military that expanded over his 30 plus years in service and in the years that followed after his retirement before his death in 2008. I would have loved to continue traveling with him now as an adult and it is my one regret from life being cut too short.
Travel Style from my Dad
While I did meet up with my dad in Disneyland and saw him briefly at the airport in Cambodia, my very last trip with my dad while he was alive was in Malibu, California. A pretty stunning and posh place to go see. My sister had the opportunity to live there while she studied at Pepperdine University which holds annual lectures on campus. My dad took myself and my son there one year while we were living in Monterey, California. We decided to go camping in Malibu and forgo staying at a hotel. Having fond memories of camping in Germany with my dad I was really excited to give Ronan his first camping adventure. He was around a year old at the time and we had a blast. Which became my proven point that you can never be too young to go camping. We just stuck his pack and play inside the tent and made sure to get his bottles prepared before we tucked in for the evening. We also got to spend time at Newport beach and let Ronan experience the sand between his toes.
While I’ve been to many countries with my dad and roughed it a bit more than Malibu, California (where we did run into hollywood stars), it was just fun to travel in the style of my dad and just take every opportunity to enjoy and experience life.
Do you love Turkey and food? I do and this is a must read post!
Ready to link up? As always my co-hosts Kaelene, Sammy, and Van are along in this travel Tuesday adventure and this link up shows up on their blog today too! Show them so love and check out what travel posts they have on store today!
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button above. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Van, Sammy, and Kaelene in a link! 3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT. Make sure to comment here, on the cohosts blogs, and visit around!
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!