It is the last day of 2013 and time to take a look back over the year.
I have prepared some highlight posts through out the last twelve months
as well as a slideshow of photographs through out.
January | We had just moved to Bath, England and into our new house during the week of Christmas. January was busy with getting all unpacked and getting the kids set up with schools. Our new area is walking distance to the town of Bath as well as to the countryside. We initiated our move with the first of many country walks in 2013.
February | This became my first month of blogging every day which became a fun challenge I enjoyed up through to December. I started sharing posts about life as an expat, our travels, and photography.
- Be Smart With Your Vacation Photographs
- I Found My Smile
- Expat Love Story: Finding Love Across the Pond
- I am a TCK & an Expat
March | I found like I was finally finding my niche in the Expat and Travel Blog community and my voice for what to share on the subjects. THese are some of my most favourite posts from the month.
- Top Ten Lists for Expats with Kids
- I am My Father’s Daughter
- Weekend Letter: ‘Never Want to Leave’
- Expat Living: Highs & Lows
- Perspective of Moving for a Spouse
- Living in England During the Gulf War
April | As a Third Culture Kid who only found out about the term during her sophomore year at Uni, I really wanted to have a TCK blog presence to reach out to others. This month I wrote about being TCK issues with having to move on and the friendships you leave behind.
- TCK & Expat: 10 Tips to Keeping in Touch with Friends
- Doing the Laundry UK vs USA
- TCK: Saying Goodbye to Friends Pt. II
- TCK: Saying Goodbye to Friends Pt. I
May | I participated in a blog every day in May challenge which I found both refreshing and fun as a daily blogger. While the whole month was filled with prompts I really wanted to share some of the most favourites from May.
- The Strength in Letting Go
- Wise words from my Friend
- What I Have Learned from Harry Potter
- Hair Growth Myths & Growing Long Hair
- My Blog Archive Faves from 2005 – 2013
- Overcoming Klonopin
- TCK & Expat: Sorry I’m Not Sorry
June | This month I got really honest and truthful in sharing myself and experiences as an expat. It was a really refreshing month to be able to just talk to my readers and connect with people I had never met. I had so many correspondence this month with people who felt uplifted and no longer alone. This solidified my reason for blogging.
- Photography and the Lies I Believed
- Marriage, In-Laws, and Cross Cultural Issues
- Finding Happiness when Restlessness Strikes
- Expat: Schools UK vs USA
July | July was a busy month as we were preparing for our vacation to Wales. There were lot of self portraits and travel stories shared but the following posts were some of the most popular.
- How to take your Family Portraits
- Expat Diaries: The Cost of Moving
- What Vacation Photos Say about my Family
August | This month my husband and I renewed our vows on our 10th Wedding Anniversary. To celebrate I had many guest bloggers sharing with posts for Love Week. These were wonderfully written and my favourites to share. I also enjoyed these posts:
- My 10th Wedding Anniversary
- The Story of How He Died
- Parenting: 5 Things I Have Learned
- My Favourite Things to do in Wales
September | This was another blog every day month challenge with prompts which helped get my posts out there about not using Shampoo and when I spent time in an Italian Jail. The weekends I focused on a new series entitled the War on Girls.
- The War on Girls: Education & Bloggers
- The War on Girls: Missrepresentation
- No-Poo: I Broke up with my Shampoo & Conditioner
- The War on Girls: Battle of Body Image
- My Night in an Italian Jail
October | I continued my War on Girls series on the weekends which became quite popular and did a lot of reflection and looking back as a TCK and as an expat.
- War on Girls: All I Need is Love
- War on Girls: Poetry Slam
- My Life as a Military Brat
- Revisiting the Peter Pan Statue 23 Yrs Later
- My Expat Life: 860 Days Later
November | November is a busy month for us with two birthdays, Bonfire Night, and Thanksgiving. There was a lot going on at ACR and here are some of the posts to prove it.
- Expat Life: Thanksgiving
- Live More Simply
- Five Steps to Improve Your Photography
- Pinterest Place Pins for Expat & Travel Bloggers
- My 31st Birthday
- The War on Girls: In-dependant
December | With the Holidays the blogging every day slowed down as I focused on my family. There were still some top highlights to end out the year.
- 8 Tips for Taking Family Photos on Vacation
- Photography: Camera vs. Knowledge
- Traveling With Your Kids
- 1 Year Anniversary in Bath
CHECK OUT OUR 2013 IN SLIDESHOW!
Share your Travel stories and wanderlust addictions.
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
1. Share a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. Grab the lovely button. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie in a link!
3. Linkup goes live every Tuesday after 9 am GMT.
4. Hop around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Link up will be open for a few days, make sure to check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!
5. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
6. The First Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
Check back next week for the next edition of #TravelTuesday and the first one in 2014!