I have not done a Travel Throwback post in a while and wanted to start doing them again so for today that is what I decided to share for Travel Tuesday. Normally these would appear on the blog on Thursday and is my avenue for sharing beloved travel photos that have gotten forgotten about in shoeboxes of photographs or in digital storage.
This is from my Australia adventure in the summer of 2002. I had been wanting to go to Australia for so many years and finally got the chance the summer after my freshman year at Uni. I went with a group with my school for the inital six weeks were we spent half our time in Sydney and half in Brisbane. I then stayed longer for additional weeks to travel alone and made my way from Sydney all the way up to Port Douglas and Cairns and then made my way back down. It was an amazing time and I saw so much that it just made me want to return.
I of course did a lot of the cheese-y tourist-y things like get your photo taken at the museum with the aboriginal tribe members. But it was so much fun and I honestly am so glad I chose to stay for the extra three weeks of travel. Sometimes you have to just get out there and travel alone. It is quite the experience and I am glad I got to do it before I got married and had kids. Oh yeah and I was blocking blonde hair back then.
Ready to link up? As always my co-hosts Kaelene, Sammy, and Van are along in this travel tuesday adventure and this link up shows up on their blog today too! Show them so love and check out what travel posts they have on store today!
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button above. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Van, Sammy, and Kaelene in a link!
3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT. Make sure to comment here, on the cohosts blogs, and visit around!
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!