This month’s travel-themed prompt from my Travel Tuesday co-host Amy stated: Where have you been that was unexpected in some way? Perhaps you did not expect it to be amazing and it blew you away?
My unexpected destination is a small park on the outskirts of the small town my partner’s family resides in central Illinois. Allerton Park and Retreat Center hosts a beautiful collection of themed gardens and sculptures which has been the backdrop to a few of my photo shoots as well as a wedding we attended while stateside. It was unexpected to me in the way that it seems quite out of place in a flat farm land of cornfields in the middle of no where America. The design and themes found at Allerton Park and Retreat Center seem to come from many different locations, all far from that of its actual location. I have think of being off in the English countryside outside a large manor house quoting lines from a Jane Austen novel and then pulled away by the Asian influences and a life further out East.
These were taken on my phone with the Hipstamatic app. You can see what a great background Allerton Park has made for my photoshoots by checking out my Halloween Post from 2011.
Ready to link up?
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button above. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Camila, Jessi, and Amy in a link! 3. LINK-UP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT. Make sure to comment here, on the co-hosts blogs, and visit around!
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future link-ups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!