The Liebster Blog Award rules:
- Each person tagged must share eleven things about themselves.
- They must answer the eleven questions the tagger has made for them.
- They must then choose eleven fellow blogs to nominate. The nominees must have under 200 GFC (Google Friend Connect) followers and be told in a comment on their blog.
- Lastly they must then think of eleven questions to ask the bloggers they have decided to nominate.
1. I am a dual citizen because I was born and lived in England to American parents.
2. I am a Third Culture Kid (TCK) because I lived in many different cultures and countries outside of my parents’ home culture during my developmental years as a child.
3. I have gone through cycles of eating strictly vegetarian vegan and raw food. For the last year and a half my husband and I have been keeping our family on a more Paleo path, concentrating on protein and vegetables.
4. I have broken my left arm on four separate occasions but the last time I was in 8th grade. Knock on wood I am done with broken bones for this lifetime.
5. I grew up participating in community theatres and majored in theatre at University. I am still very passionate about acting and directing.
6. I used to do horseback riding as a child in Italy. Two Christmases ago my husband got me the gift of getting a new riding helmet. I hope to get back into it someday.
7. I love to write and I am working on a novel.
8. I love doing photographic projects. While in Hawaii I did a fashion photography project with models of the month. Last year I started a Self Portrait project and I am starting it again this year.
9. I live by the notion that life is short and time is precious. I lost my father in 2007 in a cycling accident when he was run over by a car whose driver was driving under the influence. There are some things completely out of our control. For me, my family time is the most important.
10. I am Hairstylist and make up artist trained in airbrush makeup and hair extensions. It is something I got into back in 2003 and what got me into pursuing photography professionally.
11. I am currently only fluent in English though I know enough to Italian to travel in the country, enough German to eat, and various words and phrases in French and Thai. With moving so frequently as a child and going to school with english speaking students it was not as easy to keep languages that I picked up. However as my bookshelf can attest, I am always eager to keep learning!
Questions for me from Casey at the True Colours blog.
1. If you could be anything, what would it be?
If I could be anything, I would love to be a companion to the Doctor and travel in the Tardis.
2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I would love to live in Austria. It was one of my favourite places to vacation as child growing up and I am always craving Germknödel.
3. Where were you born?
I was born in Oxford, England and have dual citizenship with USA.
4. What is one of your hobbies?
I work as a photographer but I also take photographs as a hobby. I am hardly ever seen without some sort of camera on my person.
5. Why do you blog? I have blogged since 2005 and my answer since that time has probably evolved over time. As of today I blog because I love it and I love making new friends. I have never been one to think that you cannot build a life lasting friendship online and have several to prove otherwise. I do love sharing and writing, but if it was not for the friendship aspect I do not think blogging would be as fulfilling.
6. Where is your favorite place that you’ve ever been? Oslo, Norway was always been the one childhood memory I draw on when asked that question. I went to Phnom Penh Cambodia a few years ago and would also have to add that to my list. Both places made a lasting impression and would warrant return visits from me.
7. What is one major goal you have for yourself this year? This is the first time in my whole life that I do not have to move, nor have an impending move to another country on the horizon. My goal for 2013 is to work on establishing roots for my family here in Bath, England so that we can then again focus on traveling around the world.
8. Is there 1 thing you wish you would have done as a kid that you didn’t? I do not like to live with regrets, everything is circumstantial and I believe certain doors open or close for the right reasons. However I do wish I had the means and the know how to take more location specific photographs and journal better and more consistently I had such a nomadic childhood and memories fade. I would love to be able to pick up a scrapbook and say here I am at such and such and show you a photo and then turn to the next few months and show you where I was at that time. Now a days with digital cameras, smart phones, and social media apps make it so much easier to document. I am working with my own boys (5 and 8) to document the world around them for their own memory books.
9. What is your favorite month of the year? I really love three: November, December, and January. I love all the holidays, birthdays, and family activities that fall around that time period. We also celebrate a lot of cultural holidays from different places in the world where I have lived and so its a very cultural enriched time at our house.
10. What is the most important thing you hope to accomplish in your lifetime? To have continued to raise a wonderful family and see my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. That our family just grows and continues to be a family that loves to travel and is open to new cultures and ways of doing things. I really believe that is one of the best lessons you can teach the younger generations. I have seen too many people in the older generations that have sadly missed out on that fact.
11. In one word about yourself, what word best describes who you are? Passionate.
Eleven “Up & Coming” Blogs that I Nominate:
(in no specific order)
Sarah at The Salad Days
Robyn at A Dash of Robyn
Tali at Rock My Heels
Erica at Being Erica
Lottie at The Tiger and the Pussycat
Heather at Heathering Heights
Erin at Life in the Mom Lane
Jacquelyn at Little Owl Crunchy Momma
Olia at Love Olia
Becca at Mirror Opposites
Elizabeth at The Heart of a Global Nomad
Here are my eleven questions for all of you:
1. In one word about yourself, what word best describes who you are?
2. Where were you born?
3. What would be your dream job?
4. If you were handed boarding pass to fly any where in the world, where would you go?
5. How would you describe a perfect morning?
6. Why do you blog?
7. Would is something you have never done, that you would like to try?
8. What childhood memory still impacts your life today?
9. What is something many people do not know about you?
10. If you could go to any time period which would it be?
11. What would you like to accomplish in your lifetime?
Note: If you were nominated and do not want to pass this on and keep it going, no worries.
Thank you for the nomination!