Before we begin, a reminder that next week will be our themed Travel Tuesday. Our current Travel Tuesday cohost, Sara has chosen the following prompt:
“Although traveling can provide some of the best experiences/memories, it’s not ALWAYS fun and games. What is your worst travel experience? Or most embarrassing experience? Or biggest #travelfail? Where were you and what happened? “
Hi! Sara here again, and I blog at SARA SEES where I share adventures from my travels and general wanderings! I’m currently living in Dublin, Ireland where I’ve had some absolutely amazing experiences! You can follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+!
So last week on Travel Tuesday I shared a bit about my wonderful hike from from Glenmalure to Glendalough. As I said last week, this landscape is totallyyyy different from that of South Louisiana, so I’ve really been trying to take advantage of it!
So this week, I want to share another highlight from my time in Ireland thusfar – GALWAY! We’ve been to Galway twice so far, and I absolutely love it! Here’s a short and sweet list of why Galway is a MUST for anyone in Ireland:
1. It’s super easy to get to from Dublin (about 2.5 hours by bus) so it’s a great weekend trip! Plus you pass some great sights of rural Ireland on the ride over!
2. It’s relatively small so you can see the best that Galway has to offer in a weekend!
3. It has GREAT nightlife! So much fun!
4. There are amazing day trips offered from Galway to some of the best spots in Ireland like The Cliffs of Moher and Connemara.
5. And finally, IT’S BEAUTIFUL! The city centre, the waterfront of the Galway Bay, the booths at the Galway Market…everything is so picturesque!