Do you ever go back through old photographs, whether film or digital, and realise that you have more photographs of people and less of the location to where you traveled? When I look back through photographs from my nomadic childhood, this happens to be usually be the case. A single photograph to another person could be ready to toss, but for me it has captured friends and family for one moment in time, tied with memories that I hope to cherish forever. This photograph taken in Germany is just one of those type of photographs.
While my family was living in Germany and Italy we attended a family church retreat which has ‘always taken place in the beautiful Bavarian Alps’ of Germany. It was a great place to get away from work and school to fellowship with Christians from across Europe with other American military families. It is the place where I met up with old friends and made new ones, had high school crushes, decided to be baptized by my former bible class teacher, and had a ‘home’ for short time in my life that could be comparable to ‘going home for the holidays’.
Seeing this moment frozen in time, really reminds me how much time has passed since the 90’s. The little children in this photograph are now young adults, us teenagers now have children of my own, and my father (front row, second from left) is now up in heaven. Even the hotel is no longer owned by the US Military and the retreats are now held elsewhere. There is no going back to this without a very special doctor and bigger-on-the-inside-blue-box. However I have the photograph to remember those faces and the memories tied with it which include but are not limited to:
* The amazing drive up to Germany from Italy
* Running around exploring the hotel and grounds
* Snowball fights and snow angels
* Uplifting bible classes and nightly devotionals
* Group dinners with family and friends
* Exciting trips to surrounding areas
Ready to link up?
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button above. If you run into trouble, just make sure to mention Bonnie, Camila, Jessi, and Amy in a link! 3. LINK-UP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT. Make sure to comment here, on the co-hosts blogs, and visit around!
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future link-ups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!