- Step Up and Volunteer your Services: My local theatre group has a newsletter that goes out every month, to which I am subscribed. I read in a recent newsletter there was a need for a secretary for their monthly meetings. I felt it was a great way to get involved and so far I have really enjoyed it.
- Attend a Script Reading: Most theatre houses and drama groups will have readings through out the year. This is a great way to meet people and enjoy the theatre scene. You may even get to be involved! I was asked to take a part for a rehearsed reading at our local group and found myself on stage once again after ten years of absence from the theatre. If you have never been to a script reading, I definitely recommend it!
- Audition, Audition, Audition: Yes if you really want to be involved you got to put yourself out there. I have been wanting to do this since my kids both became school age but let the ‘american accent’ be my excuse. I finally decided to go and went to my first audition this summer just to try it once. It ended up getting me introduced to one of the local theatre groups and to attend another audition. This one for the Cinderella Panto in January and I got a part. We had our first read through this weekend and I was so excited to meet the whole cast.
- Have a Skill: The theatre is not just about being on stage and acting. There are so many facets to the theatre community and ways you can help out and be apart of the group. From backstage to the front of the house. All you have to do is ask. See what doors open for you.
MOVING | Previously our landlady had decided not to renew our lease which meant we would be having to move days before Christmas again. Between Expat stresses of getting my husband’s visa this month we were also constantly looking at places online and going to viewings in person to find a new ‘home’. Our prayers were answered at the end of last week when we found out our landlady would not be needing the property back and would renew for another six months. So now I can officially plan to be here for Christmas and decorating and put off the house hunt until 2014.
|1) Always taking photos 2)The rehearsed script reading 3) My Self Portrait
4)Playing with my lighting 5) Reading my Panto script 6) B.Lux Student badge…keep a look out for it! 😉
- War on Girls: a new post in the series yesterday about an inspirational poetry slam.
- Advice: I would love if you could help me break down that fourth wall and share what you love or may not like on the blog so I can tailor this both for you and me.
- Travel Tuesday: I am still doing Travel Tuesday link ups and have changed the button in case you are still using the old one. Hope to see you all tomorrow as I will be mentioning our November theme!
- Self Portrait: Along with my goal of posting every day, doing one self portrait a week is my other. Played around with slower shutter speeds this weekend and had my son help out for a more conceptual piece. Whether you just like to follow along or want to link up it is a Self Portrait Saturday challenge.