Pancake Day. Could there be another day sweeter? Valentines Day is in two days time, but for now lets focus on the circular sweet goodness on my plate this morning. Did I mention it was shaped like hearts?
|Homemade Beet Pancakes are a perfect (all natural) colour option for Valentines Day.|
|Traditional English Pancake with butter, sugar, and lemon served at Ella’s Yummy Delights in Brighton, England.|
|Homemade zucchini pancakes are a huge hit with my boys. Here they are embellished with Nutella and fresh strawberries.|
|Heart shaped pancakes I made this morning with a sprinkling of a stevia & cinnamon mixture.|
200ml whole milk
Unsalted butter for greasing
1. Start by sifting the flour into a medium sized bowl with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the center.
2. In a separate bowl beat together two eggs, add the milk, and mix again.
3. Slowly pour the liquid into the well you created as you mix in the flour. Do not over mix, just stir it all until all combined.
4. Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat. Once you hear the butter sizzling you can add the pancake mixture. To make the hearts below use a spoon to pour the mixture slowly into a heart outline. Then spoon some more pancake batter into the middle of the outline to fill in your heart.
5. Air bubbles will form when the pancake is ready to be flipped. If you have your heat on too high you will notice that when you flip your pancake it will be over cooked. Flip the pancake over with a spatula. Once cooked on both sides place on the plate and repeat.
51 Queens Road, Brighton, England.
If you are in the Brighton area, I highly suggest stopping at Ella’s Yummy Delights. We enjoyed having our Pancake Day there last year and the service was lovely. With their location near the Brighton rail station, it is a perfect first or last stop while you are in town. Thank you Ella’s for the delicious food!